Wednesday, December 12, 2007

PureBlogic Has Been Taking Up My Time! :-(

Ok. I'm so guilty. I should be ashamed of myself. I haven't been posting any updates on this blog. I know I've been bad, but, I have a real good excuse. I've been working on a new project. It's called PureBlogic and you can check it out at PureBlogic.com. So what is PureBlogic all about? I'm so glad you asked. PureBlogic is a blog about making money blogging and having fun while doing it.

I've been working on this for some time. It has been a big deal for me for a couple of reasons. First, I taught myself PHP to support this project. Before you even say it, I know. I know. I'm dot net crazy right? So what am I doing cheating with PHP? Well there are a number of reasons. I really wanted to use Wordpress for this blog because of it's superior support and because of all the fantastic plug-ins that are available for the platform. I wish I could have that kind of platform in .NET. I started thinking about creating a platform written in C#.NET that would be as great as Wordpress. I wanted to leverage my .NET knowledge. Then common sense got into me and I decided to just spend a little time teaching myself PHP. Second, I got to use MySQL. I love MySQL. I'm SQL Server certified and all, but MySQL is free for everyone. I think that opensource projects tend to become great because everyone works to make them the best they can be. MySQL has a lot of support everywhere. SQL Server is my database of choice, but I enjoyed being able to use my MySQL knowledge.

I'm not PHP crazy, but, I have to admit that it is pretty simple. There are a lot of positives to the language. Am I going to switch to the DARK SIDE? Nope. Well..... not until I start developing Wordpress themes :-). At that point, I am going to be one with the DARK SIDE. Sometimes the DARK SIDE pays the bills. I also did something else that I didn't plan on doing - using the Linux OS. I've truly gone over the edge !!!! But don't worry. I'm still dot net crazy and I'm still on the right team.

Sometimes you just have to learn what you need to learn to get done what you need to get done!

Check out my blog at www.PureBlogic.com when you have a chance and let me know what you think. Don't concentrate on the design. Its in flux right now while I create exactly what I want.Due to fact that I needed to put posts on the blog before I could qualify for certain programs, I had to put it up even without the exact look on it that I wanted. It will change real soon. In the interim, I'll be back!

No comments: