On Windows 7 here is what you do:
- Go to Control Panel
- Select Programs And Features
- In the upper left hand corner, select View Installed Updates
- You will be provided with a list of updates, but you will likely not see Windows Internet Explorer 9 clearly in the list
- To find Windows Internet Explorer 9, go to the search box in the upper right hand corner and type in Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Windows Internet Explorer 9 will magically appear and you should select it and then hit the Uninstall button.
- The computer will uninstall the components and then ask you to restart.
- Once you restart, you will need to set up some attributes of Internet Explorer 8 again, but you will be rid of Internet Explorer 9 and ready to rock and roll.
Whew....lets not EVER do that again until IE9 is ready - lol!